AWS Database Migration Service Tutorial | What is AWS DMS?
This tutorial will show you use AWS Database Migration Service.
Here are the steps:
1. Create a MySQL or MariaDB sample database on your standalone host
2. Make sure that you can access it from other/remote hosts
3. Default user could be used as root and port could be used as 3306 for both the databases.
4. Use following commands for the grants of access for any user from which you are connecting from outside world:
5. Once your source database is ready – go to AWS console and open Data Migration Services.
You can also check the users which are permitted for the connection from outside world:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO ‘root’@’%’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘your_password’ WITH GRANT OPTION; — or any other user with whom you want to do the migration
For more information, you can use this link: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/configuring-mariadb-for-remote-client-access/
Written by admin